I have spoken at over 100 schools and various conferences and festivals. You can see my list of past events on my Events page.
Because I write for all ages, I am comfortable speaking to kids K-12 in any forum from the classroom to an assembly.
School Author Visits - In Person
(1/2 day, Full Day, Customized Options)
I provide programs for audiences of 10 - 300 (large assembly, classroom). I also offer group discounts for multiple schools.
* Loves Science & Reading - (K-3) includes reading ANY Loves Science Book, and discussing what they learned (30 min)
* Loves Science, Reading & Writing* - (K-3) includes reading CECE and discussing three things every book needs (45 min)
* Loves Science and Ice Cream Experiment - K-3 (45 min)
* The Writer in You (4th-5th) - A creative writing topic about through the nuts and bolts of writing. (60 min)
* Turn that Page (6th - 12th) - A creative writing topic about about suspense and raising the stakes (60 min)
* Keeping it Real with Research - A creative writing topic about researching for your fiction (and nonfiction stories)
* The Passion is US (6th-12th) - An inspirational talk about finding your passion and following your dreams, especially in the arts, (60 min)
Every school visit includes bookmarks for every student, a 30min Meet/Greet for select students/teachers, and a 30 min. signing time.
The workshops come with access to the Study Guide Guides, Reading Questions, and Activities that directly correlate to Common Core standards.
Free Skype Visits
(First 20 min. Free)
* I will read one of my books and take a short Q/A
Virtual Visits (Zoom, Google Meetings etc)
* This is a great option for schools with a tight budget.
* I can visit in classrooms or libraries anywhere in the world!
* The number of kids is not limited.
* The kids must have read at least one of my books!
I do professional development workshops on teaching staff how to to teach students writing across multi-modal and multi-subjects. Example: Writing tips and activities in subject areas across various genres (including science, social studies, and literature).
* How to teach writing to students (professional development)
* Using technology to connect readers and authors virtually
* Using Fiction to Emphasize Science or STEM topics (presented at GA Libraries NSTA, NerdCamp,
* Teaching using multi-genre/multi-modal writing (professional development) - originally presented at NCTE/Atlanta