I love visiting schools and libraries to talk to kids/teens about books! It's the whole reason I write. I’m available for school visits, book signings, writing conferences, book clubs, and all things book-related. Because I write for all ages, I am comfortable speaking to kids K-12 in any forum from the classroom to an assembly. You can find testimonials from schools and libraries on my Testimonial Page for Educators.
Please email me at for more information on programs, standard fees and/or custom workshops.
Possible Programs* - Session, 1/2 day, Full Day (Can be Customized to Current Curriculum)
I provide programs for audiences of 10 - 300 (large assembly, classroom)
- CECE Reading* - (K-3) includes reading my picture book, CECE Loves Science, and discussing what they learned (30 min)
- CECE Reading and Writing* - (K-3) includes reading CECE and discussing writing (the three things every book needs: plot, character, setting) (45 min)
- The Writer in You (4th-5th) - A creative writing topic that talks through the nuts and bolts of writing. (60 min)
- Turn that Page (6th - 12th) - A creative writing topic that talks about suspense and raising the stakes through more than action (60 min)
- The Passion is US (6th-12th) - An inspirational talk about finding your passion and following your dreams, esp in the arts, (60 min)
*Includes bookmarks for every student and signing time. The workshops also come with a Study Guide, Reading Questions, and Activities that directly correlate to Common Core standards so Title 1 funds may apply.
Educator/Faculty/Media Center Programs:
I do professional development workshops on teaching staff how to to teach students writing across multi-modal and multi-subjects. Example: Writing tips and activities in subject areas across various genres (including science, social studies, and literature).
* How to teach writing to students (professional development)
* Using technology to connect readers and authors virtually
* Using Fiction to Emphasize Science or STEM topics (presented at GA Libraries NSTA, NerdCamp,
* Teaching using multi-genre/multi-modal writing (professional development) - originally presented at NCTE/Atlanta
Skype/Virtual Visits (payable up front)
This is a great option for schools with a tight budget.
I do visit in classrooms or libraries anywhere in the world! The number of kids is limited.
* Free 30-minute SKYPE visit for any class that has read one or more of my books!
* I also provide longer visits for a small honorarium.