I would like to invite you all to join in my new street team. The first mission will launch on August 5th, the first monday of the month.
What the heck is a street team?
A team of fans/supporters who rally behind an artist and receive perks. They help to spread the word about an artist and their works. They use them in the music world.
As you know, I hate asking for support without giving back in some way - so these street teams are a way to set up a "give and take" system. A way for me to support those who have been so generous in supporting me.
What do you get for joining the Street Team?
There isn't a huge time commitment to being a member. As a member, you will join the online Facebook group and help spread the word about my books. In return, you will receive:
- A special welcome pack - which includes a "cool" badge for your blog along with bookmark, pen, bracelet and extra bookmarks.
- A free ebook of your choice with a chance to win more.
- A Facebook members only group for an open discussions on the books, indie publishing, or marketing.
- Monthly missions - A monthly drawing for members only if you complete the special mission. The prizes will include book gift cards, books, ARCs, query critiques, and other fun stuff.
- Inside scoop on my books, the writing process, and publishing.
- Receive 1 ebook and or swag pack a year for a giveaways on your blog.
- A date with George Clooney. (ok that is a lie) :)
- Coffee talks - come visit me at my appearances and hang out for coffee afterwards.
- If you have a blog, you will get first dibs in my blog tours/giveaways/special events.
- Access to exclusive content in my newsletter– such as character dossiers, character diaries, and more.
- Free quarterly chats where I will answer any question you have (unless it is about a spoiler). :)
- And other fun surprises!
- But mostly, a new friend. :)
You can do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Here are some ways you can participate.
- Join the Facebook group and get to know me. :) (Not that I am that interesting!)
- Invite other readers (adults or teens) to join our team.
- Talk the books up on social media when you feel inspired - pinterest, FB, Twitter, wattpad, tumblr etc.
- Lead contests on your social media platforms. (I can provide giveaways.)
- Spread the word to family and friends about my books.
- Take promo materials to local writers groups, coffee shops, conventions, etc.
- Suggest one of my books for any book club in your area.
- Skype or Google me into your book club (for free) or schools to discuss book and writing.
- Recommend me to your middle or high schools as a speaker.
- Recommend my books to your local library.
- Talk the books up at your local indie store.
- Post flyers in places where teens hang out - like school news boards, coffee shops, grocery stores, etc.
- Use hashtags to get discussions going on books.
- Post honest reviews on any site like Goodreads, Shelfari, Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc.
- Add my books to your Goodreads lists.
- Post about books on Launch days and cover reveals.
- Post about author news such as awards, appearances etc.
What this is NOT!
- A group of spammers.
- For people who do not like my book(s) or me. (boo! hiss!)
- People who just want freebies.
This is ONLY for those people who either read and loved my book, who want to play an active role in supporting me, or plan to read my books and want to be a part of something fun and unique.
- To connect more to the readers who love my book and get the word out about my books in a more personal way.
- This one-on-one connection allows me to connect more on a personal level to thank you for your ongoing support!
If you are interested:
If you are interested in joining this team, please fill out the form here (http://eepurl.com/TeG0X) and you will receive a formal invite to the group. We'd like to find at least one liaison in each state and set up a team leader (more on this later). The first mission will be announced on Aug 5th.