She once was an author I admired because she has had great success in doing her books on her own. Now, she is a friend and wonderful support person to me as well. :)
The Celestra series is about sixteen year-old Skyla Messenger who moves to Paragon Island with her family and soon learns she is a descendant of the Nephilim angels. Skyla falls in love with a boy named Logan, but due to the fact they both belong to the nearly extinct but powerful Celestra faction, they cannot be a couple as it endangers their lives. Needless to say, struggles ensue.
10 Things I love...
1) I love angel books and this is a twist.
2) the covers are so inviting. Like a clear summer night. the blue and white show light and dark. I like that balance.
3)It has a spiritual undertone: dealing with God, Angels, divine intervention in daily lives. I like books that make you think.
4) LOGAN &GAGE are beautiful spirits (team Gage!)
5) Skyla makes decisions and sticks to them
6) Its a light read but pacy - oh yeah - along with cliffhangers and twists :)
7) Laugh out loud lines
8) The mythology behind the angels was interesting
9)She did this on her own - all 6!
10) Addison is as sweet as her book is good.
- Elana Johnson gushes about THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS
- LiLa Roecker sings for VIRTUOSITY
- Rosemary Clement-Moore gets all wrapped up in WRAPPED
- Jessi Kirby yearns to start another REVOLUTION
- Nikki Katz screams for LEGEND
- Katy Upperman sets us all up for BEFORE I FALL