Congrads and email me your address at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next - check out fellow Bookanista's Myra McEntire's Cover reveal for Hourglass! It's GORGE!!
All of the arcs from that have been won will be sent out next week.
Today I'm giving a shout out to Beth Revis and Across the Universe. I am so happy for Beth.
First - she debuted on the NYT bestsellers list!! woot woot! She - more than anyone - so deserves this success. I know all about Beth's long journey to publication. Not only have we been blogger buddies for about 3 years but we're also in the Bookanistas together. She is also one of my critique partners and let me tell you - she is an amazing critiquer!!! Like takes the time to give comments on anything and everything that could be helpful. Can you tell I'm a huge fan :)
ATU was like her 10th or 11th book. I actually remember a couple she tried to get agents for. Beth was a teacher, making ends meet while busting her tush at night to write. I even happen to know she got agent rejections for ATU. I also happen to know that she was on the verge (which I don't think would have happened b/c she loves writing too much) of giving up if this book didn't fly.
Guess we all know now what she was destined to do because Beth took off and is still flying - just like Godspeed. :)
My point in even revealing some of this (which she will tell you and has blogged about) is don't think this can't happen to you! Don't give up! You are only one person away from yes. One day you can get 10 rejections and the next get the one. The good thing about this publishing business is one day you can be ages away from ever seeing your book on the shelf but the next it could all happen in the blink of an eye. It's exciting.
Why I love ATU -
- Its different! what? no paranormal.....I think Beth was brilliant in taking Star trek and making it for teens is BRILLIANT.
- Her character, Amy, is spunky.
- It's pacy and she's a great writer. (hence, teacher!)
- I love the idea of being stuck in universe and having no future
- The first chapter - was - so - GRIPPING. Seriously, I literally felt the angst of being frozen. drowning. losing my parents.
- Elder is not your typical YA boy.
- I'm in love with the cover. Seriously - I have 2 books, one with the Elder cover and one with the Amy cover. ;)
- I loved the dual-perspective.
Go get it and you can fly high too.
Check out the other Bookanista reviews:
- Christine Fonseca freaks for THE FAMILIARS
- Elana Johnson loves THE LOST SAINT
- Jen Hayley and Scott Tracey swoon over ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS
- LiLa Roecker dies for DESIRES OF THE DEAD with a fabulous giveaway!
- Shannon Messenger gushes some cover love for HOURGLASS
- Carolina Valdez Miller loves THE LIAR SOCIETY, complete with a signed ARC giveaway!
- Shana Silver has fallen for FALL FOR ANYTHING
- Kirsten Hubbard is blown away by BLOOD MAGIC
- Myra McEntire reveals her amazing cover for HOURGLASS
- Carrie Harris celebrates XVI
- Jessi Kirby is mesmerized by A BLUE SO DARK
- Rosemary Clement-Moore marvels over MATCHED