How exciting to get it! I'd thought I'd give her a congrads shout-out. And it's up for preorder! So go order it now!
The Near Witch is only an old story told to frighten children. If the wind calls at night, you must not listen. The wind is lonely, and always looking for company. There are no strangers in the town of Near. These are the truths that Lexi has heard all her life. But when an actual stranger—a boy who seems to fade like smoke—appears outside her home on the moor at night, she knows that at least one of these sayings is no longer true. The next night, the children of Near start disappearing from their beds, and the mysterious boy falls under suspicion. Still, he insists on helping Lexi search for them. Something tells her she can trust him. As the hunt for the children intensifies, so does Lexi’s need to know—about the witch that just might be more than a bedtime story, about the wind that seems to speak through the walls at night, and about the history of this nameless boy.
And here's her talking about all the deets around the cover. Check it out!
Don't forget to check out all the other Bookanista Specials:
- Elana Johnson is spreading the word about XVI.
- Lisa and Laura Roecker are head over heels for Half Upon a Time.
- Christine Fonseca is celebrating Cinders.
- Shannon Messenger is inspired by Selling Hope.
- Myra McEntire also can't get enough of The Near Witch cover.
- New member, Megan Miranda, is excited about Monsters of Men.
- Carolina Valdez Miller highlights the hottest November releases