Since I’m not in LA at the frawesome SCBWI smashdown (next year, I swear…next year), I just know I’m going to miss out on all kinds of fabulousness.
Yeah, I know I’ll be able to get some great information from people like Shelli, who are going to the conference, but it just won’t be the same reading about it after the fact. Le sigh.
So what’s a girl to do so she doesn’t gouge her eyes out in a fit of SCBWI-induced jealousy?
1. Write. Okay, this is lamesauce, but hey, it’ll pass the time.
2. Critique. This could be worse than #1, but at least I’ll feel productive.
3. Read. Again, this doesn’t compare to being at a live conference with ultra-sweet agents and editors and writerly peeps, but there’s nothing like losing yourself in a story.
4. Go to the pool. Hey, we’re all living under the same sun. Maybe I’ll text my friends and tell them to go to the hotel pool and we can pretend we’re all there together…
5. Mope. Let’s face it, this is probably what I’ll do.
Because SCBWI-LA is the place to be this week. But hey, if you’re not going, feel free to stand outside in the sun with your mopey face on. I’m sure I’ll feel your vibes. *wink*
Let Elana know if you have any other ideas? :)