We are the: Bookanistas: Books are the New Black!
Who are the Bookanistas?
We are a group of writers - in various stages of the publishing process – who have decided to band together and review the special books of our peers. This fashionable badge represents our group (club/gang/posse/secret society/peeps/the cool table).
How and what do we review?
The Bookanistas review any children's books but focus mainly on YA and middle grade (yes middle grade too! shocker!) We – as fellow writers – have decided to only post positive reviews, therefore, only reviewing the book we LOVE. No negative reviews here!
Yes that's right! We Bookanistas give nothing but love!!!!
When do we post reviews?
Starting today, we will post reviews every Thursday on various book topics– upcoming ARCs, books we love, diamonds in the rough, classics, and even, cover reviews.
Come join us on Thursdays and you can be be fashionable too. Because we think books are the best accessory!
Sarwat Chadda's Dark Goddess (sequel to Devil's Kiss!)
I chose this one first for many reasons:
1) I LOVED Devil's Kiss!
2) Sarwat sent me an early ARC - book comes out in Jan 2011 (contrary to belief, I can be bought! ;)
3) I love this character, premise, and especially Sarwat's writing.
4) This whole series is awesome. Like "stay up late and read by flashlight in the bathroom because your hubby is sleeping and book-lite is waking him at 3 am" awesome. To be honest, both books of Sarwat's I could not put down.
In fact, I'm giving this book a Haute Book! shout-out!
Why should you read Dark Goddess?
- Do you want a badass protagonist instead of a wimpy one? CHECK!
- Hot guy with sexy accent? CHECK!
- Werewolves? CHECK!
- Vampires? CHECK!
- Awesome Setting? CHECK (London) and CHECK (Russia)
- Great writing? CHECK CHECK!
- A little history? CHECK!
- Fast Pace? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!
- Nice author? CHECK!!!!
Billi SanGreal is the first girl in the Knights Templar, and the most kick ass weapon-wielding heroine around. At fifteen, her life is a rigorous and brutal round of weapons practice, demon killing and occult lore – and a whole lot of bruises.
In this sequel to Devils' Kiss, Billi goes to Russia to rescue Vasilisa, a chosen child that encompasses the power to feel and control nature. To save her, Billi must defeat the werewolves that serve the witch Baba Yaga. Baba Yaga ( i just like saying the name!) is sickened by the destruction and corruption humanity and she wants to rid the planet of the pestilence of Man. Betrayed and alone, Billi is sent to stop her and faces a final mighty battle in the abandoned ruins of Chernobyl. Oh yeah and with a cute boy by her side! Along with a kick-ass coat and some weapons of choice. swords, knives, and a sharp tongue. :)
Check out our other Bookanista book reviews for this week, Thursday, July 8th:
- Christine Fonesca - NIGHTSHADE CITY
- Jamie Harrington - ARCHVILLIAN
- Kirsten Hubbard - THE DUFF
- Elana Johnson - THE HEALING SPELL
- Katie and Sarah Frances - ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS
- Shannon Messenger - LINGER
- Carolina Valdez Miller - MATCHED
- Beth Revis - PEGASUS
- Lisa and Laura Roecker - STRANDED
- Scott Tracey - OTHER
- Bethany Wiggins/ Suzette Saxton - NIGHTSHADE CITY
Note: If you would like one of us to review a book or ARC, feel free to contact me at email@example.com (or any of us really) and we will add it to our list. Keep in mind we only review books we love.