The winner of Personal Demons (one of Suzie's clients books) is Throuthehaze!
please email your address to email@example.com
Agent Pitch Winners
- Thanks to everyone who entered!
- I did check every entry for instructions and character count.
- To those who were over 140 characters or did not include all the information requested, I sent your entries to Suzie (highlighted in red) and let her make the decision to judge since it was her contest.
- There are a few who did not win but Suzie wants to see your manuscripts. Mention this contest when you query her.
These were so hard to judge because so many of them were so good! The secret to an amazing pitch is balancing specifics with just enough interest to have readers going - wait, what happens next?!?!?! And what separates the good pitches from the greats? Same thing that separates good manuscripts from great ones - VOICE.
Third Place - a query critique
Second Place - a query critique + 5 pages
First Place - query critique + 10 pages
- send query and winning pages for critique first or they can just send everything (but mention you are a winner of my contest and that you get a critique)
The three manuscripts she wants to see - send Suzie the ms straight away, but include the query in the body of the email and mention the contest.
Great Pitch (but too long):
- CL with GIRL WITH A TAIL
- Jamie with EVER
- Mim with THE SHADOW OF MOONLIGHT
- Danyelle with SLIPPERS OF PEARL
- Morgan Dempsey with RUNNER
- writerhailey with DIARY (um, I want to see this ms!)
Jared Larson with I'M HERE TO SAVE YOUR DAY
Third Place: Win QUERY CRITIQUE
Jemi Fraser with STEAMED UP (I would love love love to see this ms when it's ready :)
Second Place: Win QUERY CRITIQUE + 5 pages
L.J. Boldyrev with GREYSKIN (I would love love love to see this ms when it's ready :)
Winner! query critique + 10 pages to first place
Candyland with 9:59 REWIND
(I must read this! Really, I might die if I don't know what happens after rewind!)
Candyland - email me for instructions on how to submit your query to Suzie.
"At 9:58, Thursday Night Scum singer, C.J. Greyson is shot on stage by the man that killer her father, but at 9:59, she presses rewind."
Thanks everyone. If you didn't win or get chosen, don't worry - Mary Kole will be here in August for another pitch contest so perfect your pitches!! :)
Here's a little something to make you (and your hubby's) laugh...(trust me this is worth clicking)
IT'S A DAD'S LIFE!