Carolina Valdez Miller!
(congrads, email me your address at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Don't worry, I have 2 more copies of The Duff to giveaway this month and Kody is stopping by next week :) Here is just a sample of what else is coming this month:
- Paranormalcy (2 ebooks)
- The Duff (2 more copies)
- 13th Reality (James Dashner)
- The Enemy
- and much much more! (you saw the pile!)
Agent Pitch Contest
Bree Ogden (with Martin Literary Management) is stopping by on Monday. I've asked her some questions and she has also agreed to judge a query pitch contest. (so nice right?)
- You must be a follower of my blog (sorry but this is for those who visit me more than once :) I'd love to meet you if you are just stopping by)
- You must follower her blog too. (which is really just a bonus reference for you! :)
- You can only enter one pitch - be sure it is something she is looking for.
- Your pitch can only be 1-3 sentences long. (not long run on sentences!)
After dying in a car accident and witnessing her own funeral, Gabby becomes a 14 year old Bright-in-Training (BIT) and Transfers up to Cirrus, where SkyFones, SkyPods, and InnerNets are all the rage. As if her death isn’t bad enough, Gabby is assigned to protect her school rival, Angela Black, who is now dating her lifetime crush, Michael. As this tween angel moves through her Bright Training, instead of protecting Angela as pledged, Gabby illegally sabotages her and learns what happens when you hate someone to death.
- 1st place winner can submit the entire manuscript
- 2nd place winner can submit a partial (first 3 chapters)
- 3rd place winner will get a query critique
And be sure to work on your pitches over the weekend!
Now, today I'm giving away an ARC of Sapphique by Catherine Fisher. It is not released until Dec 2010. Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells, but also metal forests, dilapidated cities, and vast wilderness.
All you have to do is answer this question in the comments - what are the top 3 things you look for in an agent?