Marketing Mardi Gras starts Monday, Feb 15th.
To celebrate, I'll have awesome guests, marketing advice, daily prizes and a scavenger hunt for a two Grand prizes.
First - you MUST be a Follower of my blog and Elana Johnson's blog to win ANY of the prizes listed below. Loyal peeps get rewarded :)
Note: Elana is also running a fabulous contest next week for agent critiques and her fabulous ebook so you have nothing to lose by following us.
We gain you as a friend, you gain some cool free gifts :) (Plus we're fun!)
Three kinds of prizes are available for you to win:
1) Daily Prizes
Every day, I will do a prize drawing from the Followers/Friends who comment on that day's post.
In addition to the daily prize, a daily clue will be provided in the post that relates to the Friday's Scavenger Hunt Question.
Monday: Marketing to librarians (Elizabeth Bird, Librarian NYPL/Fuse 8)
- Prize awarded to a post commenter (you must also be a follower) - free books
- Clue #1 for the Marketing Scavenger Hunt will be hidden in the post
- Prize awarded to a post commenter (you must also be a follower): Free ebook of Frugal Marketing
- Clue #4 for the Marketing Scavenger Hunt will be hidden in the post
- Prize awarded to a post commenter (you must also be a follower): A query/1st chapter critique by Marietta Zacker at Nancy Gallt Literary Agency. She will critique your query or first chapter and give you a follow up 30 minute phone conversation!!!!!!
- Clue #3 for the Marketing Scavenger Hunt will be hidden in the post
- Prize awarded to a post commenter (you must also be a follower): - A free copy of Lee's ebook The Zen of Blogging
- Clue #2 for the Marketing Scavenger Hunt will be hidden in the post
2) Friday's Followers Prizes
All you have to do is be a Follower by 12:00 AM (midnight) EST on Thursday night (Feb 18). I will do a random drawing from the Follower list on the left hand side for some great prizes. This will be announced on the following Monday.
3) Scavenger Hunt Grand Prizes
To enter, on Friday you will need to fill out the form completely. You will be asked to put in the Scavenger Hunt answer, tally any extra points, and tell me whether you are agented or not. Winners will be announced on the following Monday.
Point System - Your name will be automatically be entered into the drawing one time just for trying. If you get it right, you will get 2 points.
Extra Points: (You will get your name put in the drawing for each additional point.)
+1 Tweeted the contest
+2 Follow me on Twitter
+1 Facebooked the contest
+2 Friend me on Facebook
+2 Add me to your blogroll
+5 Blogged about the contest
+2 for following Elana's blog
+1 for following my blog
Grand Prize Package #1 - The Unagented Writer Package is for those who currently DO NOT have an agent and want one. This includes:
- A lot of books on writing and querying
- A query/ 3 Chapter Critique by my awesome agent, Alyssa Eisner Henkin at Trident Media Group!!!!!!!
- A lot of marketing books
- Free 2 hour consultation with me on marketing you and your book
- One free marketing item - design of a business card, bookmarker, postcard etc
In other words, if you enter here, you are NOT entered there. They are two separate contests that we're promoting together. Does that make sense? If not, shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can leave any questions in the comments and I will clarify!
So go ahead and follow me today. The Par-Tee starts Monday!
Be there or be square!