Thank you so, so much for all your feedback! It was so helpful. To answer you back, here are a few changes that will begin to happen on my blog starting in Feb.
1) I am going to start adding back in the daily Marketing Muse. Even if I have a personal post. I used to do this and it sounds like from the feedback it was helpful.
2) I will have special days where I answer marketing questions commenters post.
3) I will do a blog a week that dives into various marketing topics. But I will need your help on identifying the topics important to you. Please leave me comments on some marketing or publicity topics you are interested in hearing more about.
4) I've got some special events scheduled with Melissa Marr, The Amanda Project, and Becca Fitzgerald so we can see what they've done to be so successful.
5) I'm going to keep the Friday Marketing Round Ups. But may choose them based on marketing topics.
6) I'm going to shake things up on the Marketing Mondays so stay tuned. It will probably include some SKYPE interviews, twitter chats, as well as some Vlogs on various marketing topics.
7) To reward you guys for hanging out with me, I will start offering monthly contests to my followers - that will include some type of marketing package that could be a random drawing for an ARC, a marketing resource, a free consultation, or maybe even some type of marketing collateral like template for Twitter, Blogs, or business cards. Stay Tuned. It will be on the last week of every month.
8) Lastly, I'm thinking of creating some type of marketing book that can help authors walk through the steps of starting their own marketing plan, platform, and reach teen audiences. Please take my poll on the side and let me know what you think.
Covers: The good, the bad, and the ugly - When it comes to cover art, people are shockingly opinionated. Maybe you can’t judge a book by its cover, but you can still judge the cover.
Platform Resolutions for 2010 - Advice on how to slowly and steadily establish a lasting platform.
30 tips for Blog Tour hosts - You can be a Virtual host. Here are some tips on how to host a blog tour successfully.
A look ahead - Anticipating and predicting what's ahead in the world of teen marketing.
A Writers Calling Card - A writer needs to have a good business card to present at networking events and conferences. This editor keeps all the cards that meet these requirements.
What's publicity and marketing anyway? A (very simplified) definition of what book publicity and marketing actually is.
How to work with your publicist. How can you as an author work effectively with your publicist instead of shooting yourself in the foot.
I am always open to suggestions so please send them to me as they come to you!
Have a great weekend!