- Hair today, gone tomorrow. I cut the worst hair cut yesterday. I don't know what I was thinking. Here's what I said "I want some bangs, a couple inches off and to go a bit darker. So why did I want to look like Janeane Garafalo. *sigh* (I used to have long curly hair like Julia Roberts! Keep in mind i said her HAIR, by no means do I look like her!) Why did I want so much of a change right before LA. (so suzanne young if you read this - i guess you and I will be hanging out together drinking and sobbing over our hair issues :) I will say - its what I asked for. It's a cute doo, I just went a little crazy and want my long hair back. Just wait until I go red in the fall!
- Got to have a J.O.B! I've been working like a dog so my goal is to get revisions back to Secret Agent (who really isn't a secret, its just fun to call her that) before I leave for LA. Ive been working like a dog and am so happy with how it is turning out. I don't have time to waste - I need to bring in some cash off this gig.
- Mama don't let your babies grow up! My little girl starts Kindergarten in less than 2 weeks. She's all grown up and is already trying to tell me what kind of hair cut she wants for school. And so it begins. I am just glad I got alot of time to spend with her up until this point. :( I need to hurry and get this book done so I don't have a baby instead :) (JK honey!)
- You are what you eat? We just found out my little boy has a sensitivity to wheat and cows milk. I will repeat that for those who may be stunned - wheat and cows milk. Changing over to rice milk is not that big of a deal but wheat? Not even all gluten free stuff is wheat free. Anyway, we are transitioning/changing his foods and he won't eat. Now he has lost weight - so much I can now see his ribs and it is stressing me out!!! he's happy but he won't eat. I know I shouldn't but you can't help but wonder if kids can waste away.
- Oh Lover boy - Ah I thought Jill and mankini wearing Ed were so cute on bachelorette this week. I actually think he came across better at the Dish session. I mean he was funny! He was kinda all serious and gooby on the show. The outtakes of them were so cute. I totally would have gone for him too had they shown that side of him. I think I could look past the green mankini (That is if I wasn't married to a hotty myself :)
Judged by your book covers - Books have always been judged by their covers.I know most of us don't have much say but here are things to think about if you do happen to get to voice your opinion. After the Liar debate - I thought it was interesting.
Make the most of Media leads - The key really isn’t getting the leads, the trick is now responding to them. Here is a quick guide that you might want to keep handy the next time a lead comes your way.
Market Savvy text - If you ask any Search Engine Marketing Expert they will tell you the importance of anchor text. So what is this exactly?
Borders marketing directly to Teens - Borders Group Inc. is launching a teens department to capitalize on such hot writers as Stephenie Meyer and Sarah Dessen, as young-adult authors provide a badly needed lift to booksellers.
The evolution of a cover - Caren Johnson shows some behind-the-scenes juice. Specifically how a cover comes about.
Have a great weekend! :)