I'm embarrassed to say I am waaaaaayyyyy behind on thanking those who have given me awards. So here goes....
Rules for all awards: Put the logo on your blog/post. Link to blogs that deserve the awards. Let nominees know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
Thanks to Jeanine for the "Heartfelt" award - The Heartfelt Award is all about a blog that give you a warm fuzzy feeling when you visit them.
- I am awarding this to Mrs J, LILA and Kimberly Derting because they all speak from the heart and do not hold back. I love that about these gals!
- I am awarding this to to Kiersten Writes because she cracks me up. I never leave there without laughing out loud. I wish she could be my friend just so I can laugh all the time.
- I am awarding this to Katie and SF at Plot This because they are just so dang southern sweet!
Thanks to Lynnette and Jennifer for the "Helpful Blogger" award. This one makes me especially happy because that is the whole reason I started this blog! In addition to rules above, share one thing that no one knows about you & quote a sentence from your favorite book.
- I am awarding this to Elana (for her Query advice) and Casey McCormick (for her awesome agent spotlights)
- This award goes to all my Blog Followers because all of you are awesome and over the top to me. So if you are a reader (and obviously you are if you are reading this) - you get an award so answer these question on your blog and give an award away on your blog.
- My answers
1. Where is your cell phone? who knows. I just wait for it to ring
2. Your hair? naturally curly
3. Your mother? best friend
4. Your father? tough
5. Your favorite food? cheese dip
6. Your dream last night? about my book being subbed to publishers
7. Your favorite drink? dirty martini
8. Your dream/goal? bestseller
9. What room are you in? living room watching tv
10. Your hobby? writing and yoga
11. Your fear? losing my kids
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? happy
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren't? hypocrit
15. Muffins? cranberry orange
16. Wish list item? kindle or thin mac
17. Where did you grow up? georgia
18. Last thing you did? Blog (sad i know!)
19. What are you wearing? jeans
20. Your TV? love it!
21. Your pets? old
22. Friends? mean alot to me
23. Your life? perfect
24. Your mood? happy
25. Missing someone? my best friend in Denver
26. Vehicle? jeep Commander
27. Something you're not wearing? shoes
28. Your favorite store? bookstore
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? about 5 min ago.
31. Last time you cried? about 6 min ago
32. Your best friend? hubby
33. One place that I go to over and over? bed
34. One person who emails me regularly? katie
35. Favorite place to eat? beach
Friday's Marketing Round Up
I am behind on these due to the holiday so I included last week's too.
- ARCs what you need to know - three publishers share their thoughts on Arc manners
- Does a platform really help unpublished authors? - platform is all of the ways we're attempting to build our readership. Nowadays, writers are encouraged to begin their platform even before they're published. Does it help?
- How to market your book with a video? Quite simply, whatever video you make should be germane and specific to your book.
- How to plan a blog tour - blog tours are low cost and get the word out (buzz) about you and your book, and that’s never a bad thing. Here's how to get the word out.
- The author platform - How to blog for your platform
- How to plan a successful book launch - The nuts and bolts behind planning a book launch. A successful book launch doesn’t just happen all by itself. It takes a significant amount of planning, organization, and coordination