I'm here to tell you that life turns out better than you ever expected. And I have a few pieces of advice that will make your life a lot easier.
Here are a few tips:
- Remember the business class you took over creative writing....big mistake. Dangling modifiers will mean more to you than ROIs.
- The typing class that you slacked off in...trust me... typing from Home Row is critical to your future. Remember two words - The Claw!
- All beautiful kids who are mean to you in high school...tell them not to be so cocky. Our 20th reunion will reveal all.
- When you get in trouble for your messy handwriting...it doesn't matter. Computers take over and you'll never have to "write freehand" again.
- The cute guy you start dating in college. Dump him! He will break your heart. Oh yeah, and he loses all his hair too.
- The soap opera you skip class for because you're afraid you might miss an episode? Let me just tell you that Days of our Lives is still on and you wont miss a thing. Bo and Hope are still together and Stefano is still crazy.
- For all the times you have to decide between cheering and chorus? Don't worry, a show called "Glee" makes singing and dancing cool again.
- The reason you love to read so much....is because one day you will be a writer. Keep reading!
- Write down everything and keep all your journals. Some day they will be considered priceless "research".
- It's not so bad taking your drivers exam in a 1984 van. When you move to the city, parallel parking will be a breeze!
- Don't get too excited about mastering Atari and flipping PacMan or Space Invaders. It gets much harder on Xbox.
- Your parents love you and mean well...and most of the time - they are right. Except when they tell you to go for the money.
- Your little brother won't always annoy you. Someday you'll forgive each other for the countless wedgies and be the best of friends.
- Friends will come and go. Don't worry, the ones you need will be the ones you keep. The ones you lose end up being crazy anyway.
- All those fashion faux pas you make - macrame tops, parachute pants, and Indian moccasins? They will probably all come back in style in some form anyway. (oh yeah and someday, thick glasses will be cool!)
- Whatever you do - do NOT perm your naturally curly hair or spray Sun-In at the beach, you will pay dearly.
- All I can say is - blue eye shadow and pink lipstick are not your best colors!
- All the mistakes you make don't matter in the long run. Including getting kicked off the cheerleading squad and a D in Trigonometry.
- All those times you worry about your weight. Let it go. You haven't seen yourself pregnant yet.
- Don't worry...you will get a first kiss, you will marry, and you will live happily ever after.
Your wiser self!