My kids were stuck home today from school - for the flooding - and we went to the bookstore.
So did a ton of other moms.
A lot of them were talking about what they do with their kids and what they dont' do. Some of them i thought "I do that.". Some i thought "What? I would never do that!"
I realized there is a difference between Good moms and Super moms.
- Super mom - helps her kids throw up when they are sick
- Good mom - helps her kids throw up but..... in reality is gagging and about to throw up herself
- Super mom - picks a paci (or food) off the floor and washes it off
- Good mom - picks up a paci (or food) blows on it and shoves it back in kids mouth to build up immune system
- Super mom - loves to play with her kids
- Good mom - loves to play with her kids but... only for so long before she feels like she just cant be the dog anymore.
- Super mom - never yells and is always calm
- Good mom - yells at least once a week and then apologizes for "losing it"
- Super mom - has kids who eat spinach and broccoli
- Good mom - gets excited when a bad eater loves spinach pretzels at B&N and then happily counts that as one of the daily vegetables.
- Super mom - is always dressed in super cute outfit (cape and all)
- Good mom - is lucky if she gets to take a shower and throws on what is clean (or not)
- Super mom - negotiate with kids in stores to avoid arguments and effectively uses time outs at the checkout
- Good mom - lets kid fall on the floor and then asks others around if they want to "watch the show" (while waiting for fit to be over)
- Super mom - packs a lunch for her kids everyday with love - keeping the four food groups in mind
- Good mom - packs a lunch for her kids everyday with love- but some days throws in a lunchable and tells herself its a treat
- Super mom - lays out the perfect outfit so her kid looks perfect for school
- Good mom - lets kids pick out clothes and as long as they are wearing pants - lets the unmatched socks and contrasting stripe patterns pass inspection
- Super mom - only gives kids TV if the American Pediatric Assoc recommends it
- Good mom - commands "movie day" and sticks her kid in front of TV to get a break.
- Super mom - volunteers to be the head of the PTA
- Good mom - wants to be on the PTA and knows when the meetings are, but somehow even with best intentions never gets there on time
- Super mom - loves to clean the grime in the toilets b/c "cleanliness is next to godliness".
- Good mom - love to pay someone else to reach those places.
- Super mom - loves to get up in the middle of the night with kids when they wake, go potty, or are in the bathroom
- Good mom - does rock paper scissors with hubby to see who wins and gets to sleep in
- Super mom - sings Elmo and Sesame Street songs in the car everyday, all day
- Good mom - gets her kids to like Justin Timberlake and sing "I'm bringing sexy back"
- Super mom - cooks homemade meals every night from scratch
- Good mom - cooks hot meals from the four food groups even if three of them are processed and heated in microwave
- Super mom - would rather be with their kids 24/7
- Good moms - loves time with kids but sighs a breath of relief when kids are finally tucked in bed and a bottle of wine is already open.
- Super mom - loves to share her food with her kids, giving them the last bite
- Good mom - resents giving away the last bite b/c she loves sweets
- Super mom - loves every bowel movement their child takes - 1 or 2
- Good mom - cringes when she hears the words "Booty check!!!" coming from the bathroom (that also happens to be flawed in its flushing ability)
- Super mom - loves being pregnant
- Good mom - doesn't like being pregnant (really through the first 3 months of babyhood) but loves her kids unconditionally
- Super mom - loves to talk about everything their kid does, all day, all the time
- Good mom - loves to talk about her kids but only for so long then she likes to talk about herself.
- Super mom - loves to play chase and run after her kids, up and down the playgyms
- Good mom - loves to play "hide and seek" so she can hide in a corner and get at least 5 minutes of peace and quiet.
Anyone looking to buy a "never before used" cape?