- While you ultimately want to increase your book sales, the purpose of a blog tour is to generate buzz about your book.
- Don’t just announce your tour on your personal blog, announce it in your newsletters, in press releases, and through traditional media outlets like radio interviews.
- While it can be rather costly to send out review copies of your books to every blogger in the blogosphere, especially if you’re not sure how popular a blog is, you can offer to hold a book drawing for every blogger who participates in your blog tour and then give away one to five books to whosoever name you pull out of a hat—at the end of the blog tour.
- Ask if the blog host will post a link to the sales page of your book whether it’s on Amazon.com or another affiliated program.
- Be sure to target blogs with target audiences that match your book’s target audience.
Why do people put pictures of themselves not wearing a shirt up on Facebook? And if I know them, do I still have to friend them? Isn't it bad enough I have to reunite with high school memories? do I really need to view your 40 year old pecs?
If we can make strides forward in technology and space and medicine, can we not get rid of Miss USA pageants? Are they still in fashion? Does anyone watch them anymore? The answers are the same "I want world peace." Great thanks for sharing.
Why do people keep their old clothes, thinking it will come back in style again "someday"? When it does, won't they be either too old to wear it anyway? Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the "style" will be redesigned in some chic new fashionable way. I think it's safe to say those parachute pants won't be coming back in style for a while and if they do, hopefully they will be upgraded! Maybe more pockets?
On twitter, I do NOT want to know when you are going to the bathroom. Trust me, you can leave that part out!! I won't mind missing a few minutes (maybe 10 depending...) of your time.
If a martian landed on our plant with their fast UFOs and invisible lights and telepathic abilities, do we really think they need to probe us for our radios, reproduction ability, and crummy computers? If they can make a cool, fast, ultra-UFO, I'm have confidence that they can probably find ways to reproduce and make more things than any Radio Shack. I'm sure something exists, but I think the "encounters" we hear about are a bit odd. Even for a martian.
How come when Madonna falls off a horse and busts her tush, she gets to cry "Paparazzi!". But when I fall down (which I tend to do often), I'm just a klutz. Can I try that next time? Maybe the horse didn't want his picture taken? Maybe it wasn't about Madonna! (what?!)
How can Justin Timberlake yell at MTV, asking them to play more videos than reality shows, but now he just signed on for a reality show with them?
Do we need to know when Brangelina breathes? Cant we give them some space. I don't think its headlines news that they took the kids grocery shopping (stay tuned for a list of what they bought) Priorities people!
Do we really need a picture book by Mario Lopez. Isnt it depressing enough to try hard to get published than to have Slater blow by you? *sigh*
I felt compelled to voice atrocities! ;)