1) TGIF Its been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG week here. As you may have noticed (because I know you wait with baited breath for my blog to have a new entry :) I have not been blogging as much lately. Well there is a reason (excuse) for that. Actually there are many but here are my top 3. (not including lazy, distracted, getting my toes done, cleaning, complaining, subbing and more)
1) last week was spring break (get this my kids were out from Friday April 3rd, through Monday the 13th! why do breaks seem to be getting longer and longer. It was a long week with a 2 year old and 5 year old. Both of which were sick at different times. My house became a prison!
2) I was working diligently on my final edits. I'd set a date of Easter and By George (who is that anyway??? does anyone know George??) I was going to make it. Come hell or high water.(Cliche alert)
3) This week my kids were home sick. What you say? yes. That means the Spring break from hell was extended all week long. Thank the Lord for moms because mine is here today. There is a God!
Needless to say I am stir crazy! Had to go out last night and get a mani/pedi just to relax. Oh yeah, and I had them throw in extra massages on feet and shoulders. And can I just say I got all of that for 65$!? Is that awesome or what. AAHHHHHHH (Thanks honey:)
2) Woot Woot! I want to congratulate Vicki and Casey on winning the Marketing contest. I look forward to working with you. I've decided the next comment contest will be in July. So get your comments ready! The rules will change a bit but the prize will still be great! (Think Tony the Tiger Great.)
3) Aw shucks, You shouldn't have! I want to humbly thank Kimberly Derting for the Fabulous Blog award and shout out. In case you guys haven't heard, she got a great book deal for her first book, BodyFinder, which I think is coming out First Quarter 2010 (correct me if I'm wrong Kim, I know the date has shifted! :) I am going to award the Fabulous Blog Award to the top 5 funniest blogs ever! Stay Tuned!
4) Amazon Update - Well as you probably have guessed I did not make the semi-finals. To be honest, I am actually relieved. the version I entered was my old version and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my newer one better. It was a great experience and I am honored (blah blah blah) just to be in the top 500 (top 5%) out of 10,000. So onward and upward.
5) The Girl's on Fi-ah!. And last, but not least, I wanted to congratulate my friend and hilarious blogger Lindsey Leavitt for getting yet another book contract. That's right she just sold one more, in addition to her Princess for Hire Trilogy. Now she is in the hole for 4 books in 3 years. 2 of which come out in Winter 2010. Rock on Linds, yous on Fi-ah!!!!
Don't forget Marketing Monday - Now here for the exciting stuff, since I'm sure no one could really care for my rants. This week our Marvelous Marketer is Anastasia Goodstein. If you don't recognize the name, she is the creator, owner, driving force, brilliant mind behind Ypulse which tracks youth trends. She knows everything kids want, need and even some things they don't even know yet. So come back Monday! You don't want to miss it!
Friday's Marketing Round-Up
Dos and Donts of Book Trailers - Author MBA blog is down but they have some great past articles n marketing. Here is one I like about how to make dazzling book trailers.
Planning Your Publicity - We often forget that for most media, planning for lead times are crucial. Lead times can vary from a day to six months depending on the media you’re pitching. So be sure to plan way ahead.
Marketing That Makes A Difference - An interview on marketing with Kay Cassidy, a 2008 Golden Heart winner, author of The Cinderella Society (Egmont 2010), and former leadership development specialist.
Hate Twitter. Save Your Brand. Even if you do not want to Tweet, here are some reasons on why you should save your brand name anyway.
How to promote your book (author Richard Roach) Suspense author discuss his techniques.
45 Tips from Oldest Book Promoter - Planned Television Arts, the nation’s largest and oldest book promoter, celebrated their 45th anniversary last month. Here are 45 free tips on what authors need to know about getting published, promoted, and distributed.
Why authors should do a Blog Tour. This is older but we haven't touched on it so I thought I would post it anyway. The simplest description for my idea of a virtual blog tour is: a cyber “tour” which includes various blogs, websites, radio shows, newsletters, etc.
Have a great weekend!