Ok so some of you may call me a freak. But yesterday I blogged about seeing a spider weaving a web. Today, I found a black widow spider and this is the symbolism for a black widow spider
"If spider has come into your life, ask yourself something important questions. Are you not weaving your dreams and imaginings into reality? Are you not using your creative opportunities? Are you feeling closed in or stuck as if in a web? Do you need to write? Are you inspired to write or draw and not following through? Remember that spider is the keeper of knowledge of the primordial alphabet. Spider can teach how to use the written language with power and creativity so that your words weave a web around those who read them."
Don't you think this is weird? Things like this always happen to me!
My blogger buddies, Suzanne Young and Robin Mellom are determined to spread good cheer through the writing hemisphere. (and I know we could all use that right now!;)
They will be doing Project Perk on Mondays and are asking other to follow along. I told them since I do Marketing Mondays, I would preempt their special day with Sunny Sunday.
This week - Pat your self on the back!
We, as writers need to pat ourselves on the back from time to time for choosing our passion and following our hearts. In addition, we keep trying and trying in the face of adversary and overwhelming odds because we know writing fills our souls and spirits.
Here's to all the things You - as a writer - are doing right. Be sure to recognize them!
- Reading blogs
- Writing your hearts out
- Connecting with other writers
- Encouraging others
- Fearlessly subbing (sending out submissions) and keeping your projects out there in the publishing world.
- Looking past rejections and rejections and rejections!
- Working hard day after day even though you may not have a book to show for it yet. BTW - print out your manuscript - you do have a book to show for it - it is just in the "infant" stage. :)
- Your hard hours of researching - whether it be agents, books, publishers, ideas, or connections.
- For seeking and accepting criticism. Its hard and the fact we seek it shows how strong we all are.
- For giving up financial comforts.
- Most of all - being true to your spirit and following your dreams.
There were a few posts that made me feel abso-bloomin' fabulous this week.
1) The gracious agent, Rachel Gardner when she complimented all her blogger readers for keeping in the know.
2) A Fab agent, Nathan Bransford, for reminding me how to stay happy as a writer. I forget sometimes.
3) A jamming agent, Jennifer Jackson, for encouraging us to be positive in our query letters.
4) Courageous agent Caren Johnson for reminding us that we have what we need!
So pat yourself on the back before you go out and have a Sunny Sunday.
A happy day!
A day where we can be happy about how hard we have worked, how far we have come, how great this journey is, and where we can celebrate our happy days ahead.
Reminder: Laini Taylor, author of Blackbringer and Silksinger as well as blogger extraordinaire will be our Marvelous Marketer tomorrow.