Molli Nickell (who spoke at a Southern Breeze conference not the editor!). has an an editing service for writers. Great prices and I know she has great advice and insight. Check out her web site http://www.getpublishednow.biz/, then to the "Writers' Services" tab. For a limited time, she is offering a “Spring ahead” special: 1.5 hours of her assistance (editing, revising, rewriting, advising, or whatever you need) for the 1 hour fee of $75. This gives you an extra half hour at no additional cost—a 50% bonus. (Offer expires May 15, 2009).
To Dump or be Dumped?
OK so I think we need to give Jason a break on Bachelor. Yes he did humiliate poor Melissa on TV... but its The Bachelor! They all wanted to be humiliated on TV - right? No pain no gain. I mean, he humiliated Jillian (who is next bachelorette YEAH!) and Molly so what's the big deal? Who got dumped last? That's the name of The Bachelor game. Someone's heart gets hurt. If you don't want that - I woudl suggest not watching it and especially avoid going on it.
Besides, who here has NOT been dumped or done the dumping?
I would guess that most of us - if not all of us - have had our hearts crushed and have probably sacrificed a few along the way.
I've been both. In my mind it's a right of passage to finding your soul mate and life partner. Breaking boy's hearts and trying to repair my own (though i think you can still see some scars if you look up close) is what got me to my hubby (the best hubby of all!).
So my questions is "To dump or be dumped?" (I have changed the names to protect the innocent/and guilty!). Here's my story......
- When I was 5 and in kindergarten. I used to nap next to a boy named Charlie. Then one day, I just didn't like his mat anymore. I moved mine next to Jeffrey and Charlie was obviously crushed. And how did he repay my ever-shifting love? He broke my show-n-tell.
- When I was 8 - it was Dwayne. I just could not see myself with a boy who didn't like bugs. call me crazy but I needed a Real man!
- When I was 11. It was the HOT DUDE at my local skating rink. The one with the speed skates. Unfortunately, I never knew his name - but his slick scoffed black speed skates and no toe-stop had me at hello! Unfortunately, my shiny white skates with sparkly green laces were not serious enough for him. Not to mention, I broke my wrist trying to show off my "rolling arabesque".
- When I was 13, I LOVED Jasper. Unfortunately my friend did too. Kim if you are out there- I'm so sorry I won. Trust me - he wasn't worth it!
- When I was 14 - it was Dairy Queen and Mrs Winters. My beloved DQ. Yes, it was a lonely and fattening year, but a satisfying one.
- When I was 15 - it was Craig. Scar #1. My first love. I loved Craig. His Miami-vice jacket-wearing ways. I mean this love was the "I'm going to absolutely die and take you with me if you leave me" kind of love. he took me to my first dance and even bothered to match his bow-tie to my large blue dress with sagging hoop skirt. is that love or what? Eventually, he broke my heart and I think I broke his too. :( (Actually, this is his real name - he deserves the credit and title :)
- When I was 16, it was chris, lucifer, bob, henry... oh never mind... these were all crushes that never really panned out. I guess I didn't send enough tringular-shaped folded notes or something. This was a lonely year :) I even had to beg Chris to take me to the dance - I had to show Craig I had moved on! But he stood me up to watch Caddyshack. Jerk! ;) He is actually still my friend - but don't think it doesn't come up when I need something. I am not above uses grudges for personal gain. (BTW - Chris is his real name too - just another way to get in a dig :)
- When I was 17, It was Lee. He was cool and made me cooler because he was already in College (18). Not to mention, he took me to see Bon Jovi Dead or Alive Tour (what!!!??? how hot is that?)
- When I was 19. It was Brad. Poor Brad- he tried so hard. All I can say is - he just fell a few fries short of a Happy Meal; one Fruit Loop shy of a bowl. I guess I could say it clearer, some drink from the fountain of knowledge; Brad only gargled. Ha! I dragged Brad through about 120 breakups over 4 years. The fina straw came when he shaving-creamed "I love you" on my car? It was a mess to clean up!!!!
- And yes, I've been dumped too. Dumped on my @ss I might add. So badly dumped - my story was actuallyu chosen and published in O Magazine - yes Oprah's Magazine. My first publishing credit - how sad! June 2001 edition, page 136. The article title - short and sweet: DUMPED! I told you it was a bad one. SCAR #2. This one was after 10 years of dating, 2 years of living together, and 2 weeks BEFORE my wedding (yes you read that right). All due to a whole lot of issues and another chick (whom he did marry 5 years later - so at least it was for something!) For the record - he did the right thing in the wrong way. But this one crushed me and literally changed who I am as a person today. I don't think I've ever truly recovered from that heartbreak and I'm OK with that. IThank goodness for the shipment of Superglue that revived my exploded heart. (PS My hubby was the superglue :)
- And then, my hubby - whom I did mistakenly leave for a period of time when we first started dating. This was due to the aftermath of SCAR #2 and open wounds. I did some soul searching and he gave me a second chance 6 months later. Thank goodness!
Now I live happily ever after :) See how that worked?So to Jason - you have to follow your heart! It sux to break some along the way. But better now then later. We all make mistakes.
So - let's give the guy a break!