Here is a great interview with Sheila Clover English of COS Productions giving you some information on how Book Trailers Offer Excellent Branding Opportunity. Thanks to a blogger for suggesting this as a hot topic. More to come on this topic this week.
Be a Comment Chameleon!
We are 1/2 way into the contest! But it is not too late for you to enter. I've added an extra prize!
- Unique Visitors since the blog started in Nov 2008 - over 7,000!
- Unique Visitors (from March 1-March31) - 1,726 (547 returning ones)
- # of Comments since March 1st - 814!
- Starting today, you will only get a point if there is at least 1 comment between your multiple comments. You may no longer comment several times in a row on the same post just seconds/minutes apart. This also gives you the chance to comment on other people's comments which is always helpful.
- Again, YES you CAN comment on past posts.
- Don't forget the Bonus Points but remember you HAVE to email me on the bonus points. I cant keep searching to see who has done what. You need to let me know.
- The comments must be related to the post. hey cannot be random. If you have a comment on a past post - you need to put it on that post.
New news!I am adding a prize.
I want to make this contest fun and worthwhile to everyone, including the people just finding out about us. The new people who are just joining us are pretty much out of the race unless something changes, which I did not consider in the beginning. The purpose of having this contest was to meet others and get some great dialogue going and to reward people for coming and participating.
So the prizes:
1) The person with most comments will still get the free web site! I already promised that. Right now, a few are neck in neck so keep it up. Remember - you need to have time and comments from others in between your comments. If i do this contest again, this process will change but for this contest, I have to stick to the original promise. If the winner already has a web site, they can opt for a different prize and give the web site to the drawing. I would recommend this if you really don't need it.
2) I am adding a prize for others. To everyone else who posted comments during the Month of March gets to put their name in a hat, you will get a shot at a random drawing for another marketing prize. I don't know what it will be yet. I have not figured it out yet but trust me - you will like it!!!! It will either be a business card design, a blog design, or some marketing consulting.
- The winner is excluded in this drawing!
- You get one point for every comment as well as your points for the bonus pieces.
- I will add up your score and put your name in the hat that many times. So if you have 100 points, you get your name in the hat 100 times. If you have 5 points, you get your name in the hat 5 times.
- My hubby will draw out a name and that person wins the Sur-Prize! (trust me he is as honest as they come :) (psst he also speaks with an English accent that makes him sound polite and intelligent too so I just want to hear him say who won out loud :)
This way some people who are just joining us will still have a shot if they comment. But the ones who are already working hard will have a much higher chance.
Have Fun and remember to Comment responsibly :)
Oh yeah and please - Don't comment and drive!!!
Oh yeah - one more thing - Don't you think Boy George's song could be my contest theme song?
What?! It's Karma Chameleon? You mean I've been singing the wrong words this whole time! Fudge!
"Comment Comment Comment Comment Comment, Chameleon!!!!!
You comment, go! You comment, Go!
Lovin' you would be easy if you comment and light my dreams.
Those golden dreams. A blogger's dreams."
*cricket cricket* Hello - is this thing on??!