Everyday I will blog about how you can start a fabulous marketing campaign. Starting tomorrow, we will walk through identifying audiences, starting blogs, increasing traffic, essentials to web sites an more. Come back and join me for the next 30 days and take notes! Leave me a comment about your marketing questions and I will try to address them over the next 30 days!
Today's Tip: Wanna Tweet? Here is a list of people in the publishing business that are on Twitter if you decide to Tweet :)
Am I on Candid Camera?
For those that are too young to understand this, bear with me. There was a show when I was growing up (I won't say what year) that was very popular. Allen Hunt hosted it weekly and the show had concealed cameras that filmed regular peeps stuck in crazy situations. When the joke was revealed, Allen would say, "Smile, you're on Candid Camera." It was the Punked of the 70s-90s (Has anyone guessed my age yet?).
Here are all the reasons why I think Allen Hunt is my Guardian Angel:
1) I have to wear a neck brace for my inner ear infection. (Does this make sense to anyone else? Pulease?)
2) I have to take medication for my dizziness that has the side effect warning of.....you guessed it....Dizziness! (Hmmm which one should I choose?)
3) I trip over cracks that are not there? (And trust me, I've checked!)
4) I am the one in my family that pulls out the milk jug out of the fridge AFTER my daughter (Who DID NOT put the lid back on?)
5) I get to the end of the toilet paper roll when no one is home to help? (Luckily I keep a secret stash)
6)I pick up the check book with no checks on the only day I need it. (and on the same day I leave my debit card in my pocket at home)
7) When I am at Mexican Restaurants, the Mariachi band always pick me. (And it's always FELIZ NAVIDAD!)
8) Somehow the gas tank is on empty when I get in the car. (I am convinced my car has secret excursions at night)
9) I pull up to the gas station and am always on the wrong side. (You'd think I'd learn or does Allen change it? That is the question.)
10) At Einsteins Coffee House, the only delicioso fattening muffin left that I deserve and really really want and need is bought by the person in front of me. (Honestly, it ruins my day...*sigh*)
11) I only spill coffee on my shirt when I have a meeting to go to. (The days I am working from home, clean as a whistle)
12) I get the poopy diapers and my son only poops once a day! (I think my son and hubby have a pact.)
13)Something breaks (kid, dog, car or appliance) when my hubby is out of town.
14)The only day I finally follow my hubby's advice and lock the back door - is the day I lose my keys.
15) The day I drag down the trash to the street (my hubby usually does it), is the Garbage day off. (And I usually drop the bag or something gross I have to clean up.)
16) I step in the only piece of gum in the parking lot (please at least throw it in the grass!)
17) I get a big obvious zit right before some big event like a conference or something. (BTW - which in my 30s I should not get. Maybe I am channeling mY YA self.)
18) I say something dumb to someone important. (this happens way too often)Oh and just so you know - these are the evil pranks my Guardian Angel Allen plays on me, I'm not this scattered! (Am I?) Or maybe I am just this uncool and trying to find some excuse!
I sympathize with these poor people....but I laugh at them too!
Ok This guy's face cracks me up!!!
I am surprised no one starting beating the poor thing.