- Post regularly. If it’s a news oriented blog, 3-5 times per day. If it’s an authoritative blog, 3-5 times per week, but each post must be unique and high value.
- Use social networking services, forums and discussion threads to connect with other bloggers. If they like your stuff, they will link to you.
- Request feedback or reviews of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. If you have a resourceful post that will help others, point to it.
- Build out your online networks through services such as MyBlogLog, Twitter and Facebook and leverage them to promote particularly useful content on your blog.
- Always respond to comments on your blog and when you detect a mention of your blog on another blog, thank that blogger in the comments of the post.
Somebody Stop Me, I'm Smokin' :)
- Please come see my interview over at Chandler Craig fabulous blog, Fumbling with Fiction.
- Also I got my first blog award from the wonderful Lindsey Leavitt at I Blog Therefore I Am.
So since I definitely I am not up for an Oscar this year, here I go....
I'd think to thank Lindsey for the award and let her know that if I had not met her and hung out this past Oct - I may not have pushed forward with my writing. She inspired me to get back on my blog and have hope that moms like me can be published authors. Thanks Lindsey, this story is really true - I am not just saying it because you gave me an award (BTW - you owe me some change on that bribe - I mean donation - I sent you. :)
I'd like to thank the 3 people who follow me :) Or at least admit to. Sometimes it's hard admitting to total insanity but you 3 people aren't afraid to stick your necks out for what you believe in. This award is for you (Oh sorry - you cant have it - but you can admire it :) If others are thinking of joining, I'll try and tap into your ego...your competitive nature...and say something I know most of you cannot refuse. I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU! (can you see why I write for kids - oi!)
Id like to thank my first boyfriend for making me so crazy and codependent (we'll call him anonymous but he knows who he is....My IP address #%&$*^$#% ) . If it was not for him, I wouldn't have quit my first job making 25,000 a year, left Atlanta, moved to Auburn and pay 20,000 a year for out of state tuition to study MARKETING. Without your spell, I would not have had to knowledge to start this blog.
Id like to thank my hubby and my mom for being my first readers in the beginning and for the countless other things you do for me on a daily basis. (fist bumps to you! and a woot woot!)
I'd like to thank all 1,000 visitors I've had just since Nov. I would list all your IP addresses (since that is how I know - "oh its IPXXXXX from UK again! great!" I am sure you found me by accident but at least 1/2 of you come back regularly :) If you told me who you were - I'd visit you too but I can't so I won't. *SIGH* (unless you add a comment and stop lurking/blog stalking me ;)
I'd like to thank Brad Pitt for....oh sorry Brad, I forgot I promised not to tell anyone about THAT night - my apologies. (Hey do any of you think this will drive up my blog hits from Google?. He is most Googled person right now. Hmmmm I'll let you know if it worked.)
I'd like to thank in advance all the fabulous agents, authors, editors that have been gracious enough to do my new marketing interviews. I have had a great response and am already booked through Spring. I may have to start it 2 times a week - Somebody Stop Me. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with a peon like me :) (and I am not brown-nosing....OK I am but I'm sure you all know you are too fabulous to need it - oops there I go again)
I would like to thank Jessica DeHart (and my critique group) for always helping me believe in my passion and future as a writer. Without her, I may not be still pushing forward through this very difficult, ego-busting, tearful, hopeful, joyous, frustrating, passionate, friend-making, and rewarding process called Writing. She also has a great heart so here's a plug for her charity work, A Brilliant Life - check it out. She is always looking for donations :)
So if I had a theme song for the day or my life was a musical.....this would be my song. Enjoy!