I want to thank WOOF for the Premio Dardos award. This award is given to acknowledge blogs that have cultural, ethical, literary and personal values. (Really? I do that?) The award honors favorite blogs for reaching out to readers of all generations who encourage self-awareness, good will, and literacy throughout the world. (Me?)
The rules are:1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog with a link to the grantee. 2) Pass the award to other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement and let them know they've been selected.
Marketing Tip: 5 ways to cause Blog Traffic Jams (BTW you want those!)
- Comment on other blogs. Yes, that goes for all you lurkers. We can't visit you if you don't tell us who you are! :)
- Create Blog rolls to your favorite blogs. Not only do people come to your blog to read about you, they can also use your bog as a resource "rest stop"
- Post frequently. Keep it fresh. Don't let people come several times without an update. They will get bored.
- Check your stats and see what is popular and where people come from. It helps you keep your blog topics on target with your readers.
- Be courteous and respectful. Remember this is not a diary - people will read it. Does not mean you can't be honest. But be aware of your wording.
Don't forget: My Marvelous Marketer for Monday is Martha Mihalick from Greenwillow!
A 5 year old's Word to the Wise. (yes she is 5 now *sigh*)
Words she's trying to use:
- Compromise (Mommy mommy, lets comprise. Ill have fruit And cookies)
- Consequence (So if I don't take a bath, will there be a consequence?)
- Distracting (Mommy! Gray is distract me! I cant think.)
- Disgusting (Blah, that's gigusting)
- Exhausted (It's been a long day. I'm just e-zausted)
Things she says that touch my heart:
- "Mommy, I wrote a book for you!" (music to my ears)
- "I hope you feel better. Can I get you some water?" (all at once now....aaahhhhhhhh!)
- "Can I sell cookies and give money to the firemen? Not all of it, but like...a dollar?"
- "When I go to sleep, I think of the beach."
- "How come I never see a rainbow? Am I not magic enough?"
Naughty words she's found a word for:
- Butt - bum bum
- sucks - stinks
- OMG - oh my giddy aunt (my hubby is British)
- Damn - Crumbs (again British)
- hate - don't like
Have a good weekend! ;)