Stayed tuned for Marketing tips to returns on Jan 6th!
Thanks to Kristin Cashore for the thought-provoking questions.....
1) what did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Commit to a Critique group. Write daily. Made writer friends and blogger friends. Wrote books, lots of different books. Queried Grace.
2. What are your New Year's resolutions for 2009?
I am resolving to come up with some that I can keep. More to come...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes and a beautiful Sarah Kate Mulligan blessed my world.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My dog, connor :(
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the USA in 2008. My hubby was recovering from a double disk replacement.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
An agent and book deal.
In one word - Validation!
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4. Election day!
April 12th - the day my dog died
8. What was your biggest success?
Getting positive response on my book queries.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I still can't teleport. Dammit! Where are all the radioactive spiders?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, a bad ear infection - I am still recovering. (Do adults even get those?)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
no money to buy anything but food. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Americans voting choice
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Barack Obama and writing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you a. happier or sadder? b. thinner or fatter? c. richer or poorer?
happier, blessed, and much more hopeful
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes 365 times. I fall in love with my kids and hubby everyday.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Wipeout. I need the bely laughs
23. What was the best book you read?
Impossible to answer
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adele and Buffy
25. What was your favorite film of this year?
Lars and the Real Girl. Also, I re-watched The Philadelphia Story -- wow, that's a good one.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
Agent and Book deal
28. What did you do on your birthday?
Eat cake and count wrinkles :)
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
did I say agent and book deal? Opps that is 2 things.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
jeans and flip flops
31. What kept you sane?
my friends, my hubby, writing partner - Jessica
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I have no control. My life is fueled by fate.
33. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Jordan Sparks - One Step At A Time.
One Step At A Time Lyrics [lyricsyoulove.com]
Hurry up and wait
So close, but so far away
Everything that you've always dreamed of
Close enough for you to tasteBut you just can't touch
You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet
Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it
You know you can if you get the chance
In your face as the door keeps slamming
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting
We live and we learn to take
One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time
You believe and you doubt
You're confused, you got it all figured out
Everything that you wished for
Could be yours, should be yours, would be yours
If they only knew
When you can't wait any longer
But there's no end in sight
It's the faith that makes you stronger
The only way you get there
Is one step at a time