I just finished reading this book. It had great tips on how to market your book online!
A few tips I took:
- Amazon has programs to help authors market their books - Connect (blogs to Amazon customers), adding Amazon friends to reach Top Reviewers, BXGY program - pairs your book with like books for a fee), Better together (free pairings based on sales)
- Google Alerts - helps you find top keywords you specificy and alerts you of when somethign containing your key words appears in peridoicals. Also can tell you when someone mentions your blog.
- Blogging - Create an angle/niche to blog about. Create a community. YOU can also do blog tours/interviews with other bloggers to promote your book
- Book Trailers - vitlit.com, creates trailers, interviews. Or you can do it yourself and upload to Youtube.com
- Titlez.com - you can see how your book sales compare to others
- GoogleAdsense - best known web ad market
- Public discussion groups - you can post information about our book in target markets/audiences
- create great web sites - track your stats (statcounter or google analytics), Search engine optimization, keyword density
- Press Releases - post on prweb.com or prnewswire.com
http://pubrants.blogspot.com/ Nelson Agency intern gives some insight into business
http://acrowesnest.blogspot.com/ making media your BFF. Getting reviews
http://acrowesnest.blogspot.com/ the query wars
http://bookendslitagency.blogspot.com/ advice from Bookends authors on marketing
Tell me - what other suggestions do you have for marketing? Let me know and I will combine all the posts.